6003 First Aid - Train the Trainer
The aim of this three day course is to provide trainers or potential trainers with the essential knowledge, skills and confidence to train others to delivering effective emergency first aid in the workplace.
This course is aimed at experienced first aid practitioners who hold a current First Aid at Work (FAW) qualification who have the responsibility for teaching staff how to perform first aid in the workplace. The course will teach the fundamentals of teaching and will refresh the learner on the essential knowledge required to teach first aid.
Learners are to undertake written and practical assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of relevant legislation regarding First Aid.
- Understand the basic workings of the body.
- Explain the principles of basic life support.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of practical skills first aid.
- Demonstrate effective teaching styles and the skills and knowledge required to convey safe practice to others.
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- Delivery of a 30 minute micro teaching session in order to practice teaching skills, organisation and delivery of appropriate course content.
- Continual practical skills assessment will take place continuously over the course.
Support will be available once the course has finished. Our trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.
Number of Delegates
Price as per current Price List