3067 Assessing Workplace Competency The Care Certificate
The aim of this course is give learners the knowledge, skills and confidence required to carry out workplace assessments and give them information on the different methods to collect and record the evidence required to assess competence.
The course is aimed at all health and social care workers with a responsibility to carrying out assessment for new staff who are undertaking the care certificate. The assessor does not require an assessor qualification to assess the care certificate and to attend this training.
Assessment will be by practical workshops. The learner will receive a handbook enabling them to understand and carry out their duties and responsibilities in order to assess the Care Certificate.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be able to:
- Understand what ‘competency’ means with regard to assessing the Care Certificate.
- Understand the competencies required to determine whether the care worker has met the standards set out in the Care Certificate.
- Identify the different methods that can be used to assess care workers.
- Understand the requirements regarding evidence for the assessment process.
- Understand roles and responsibilities of the assessor.
1 Day (6 hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £78 (inc. VAT)