3087 Mental Capacity Act Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (MCA DoLS) for Managers and Seniors
The aim of this course is to train managers and senior care staff to understand the Mental Capacity Act (MCA), and how to apply safeguards when depriving a person of their liberty. This course will greatly assist managers and senior care staff to make best interest decisions which complies to the Law.
Learners are to undertake continuous assessment throughout the course.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Know when an assessment of capacity is required.
- Develop skills in carrying out assessments.
- Understand consent.
- Understand and be confident in the role of ‘decision maker’ when making best interest decisions.
- Know how to apply the best interest checklist and consider options to make best interest decisions.
- Understand in detail the role of the Court of Protection (COP) and Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA).
- Know when and how to contact the COP.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the Independent Mental Capacity Advocate (IMCA).
- Understand the interface of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Mental Health Act (MHA).
- Understand what constitutes a DoLS.
- Understand the implementation required in care planning.
1 Day (6 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £78 (inc. VAT)