3118 GDPR - Care Providers Compliance
The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge required to comply with UK data protection legislation, which was implemented on 25th May 2018. The new Legislation forms a framework to protect personal data and imposes more severe penalties for data breaches and reckless or deliberate misuse of information than previous data law. In order to comply with this new Legislation care providers must ensure their procedures and methods of record keeping are compliant.
This course is aimed at anyone who manages and controls, or who handles personal data, in a health and social care work setting. This course is not suitable for junior or inexperience staff with limited access to personal data (internal training may be sufficient for such staff in order for them to understand their responsibilities).
- Understand the changes that GDPR brings
- Know the classification of personal data
- How the Legislation impacts on information you hold
- How to communicate privacy information legally
- Understand the individuals rights and access requests
- How to identify correct processing and gaining consent
- How to deal with data breaches
- To importance of carrying out a data protection impact assessment
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £42 (inc.VAT)