1002 Food Safety
The aim of this course is to give learners the essential knowledge and skills required to safely prepare and serve food in the workplace.
This course is aimed at staff in all workplace environments that are responsible for preparing and serving food and drink. It gives a basic level of understanding and is suitable for kitchen assistants, counter and waiting staff as well as care staff and healthcare professionals. It is recommended for anyone who comes into contact with food and drink.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to food safety.
- Understand how to comply with company policy and procedure.
- Recognise and avoid common food hazards.
- Recognise and avoid the causes of food poisoning.
- Carry out good personal hygiene procedures.
- Keep work areas hygienically clean and reduce contamination.
- Recognise vulnerable groups.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £42 (inc VAT)