1005 Moving and Assisting People Update
The aim of this course is to update and refresh learners with the essential knowledge and skills required to safely move and assist people in order to avoid injury or ill health.
This course is suitable for experienced health and social care workers and healthcare professionals who move and assist people or who have a supervisory role in a care environment. The course helps to manage the risk of injury and ill health and reminds learners of the need to maintain dignity and to safeguard people.
It is recommended that inexperienced or new workers attend the moving and assisting people induction course.
Learners are to undertake practical assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to the Manual Handling Regulations.
- Operate within current best practice with regard to moving and assisting people.
- Recognise and avoid injury caused by poor manual handling.
- Employ good handling techniques using biomechanical principles.
- Carry out manual handling risk assessment.
- Use and carry out visual inspections of equipment and associated ancillaries including hoists and slings.
- Understand how to comply with company policy and procedure.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £42 (inc VAT)