The aim of this course is to give learners the mandatory knowledge and skills required to prevent fire from starting and to effectively react to a fire incident in the workplace.
This course is aimed at managers and all staff within the workplace. It is tailored to be workplace and premises specific and focuses on the protection of vulnerable people particularly those with limited mobility in health and social care environments. Practical fire extinguisher training can be arranged.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to fire safety.
- Recognise and carry out fire preventative measures.
- Understand how fire detection and warning equipment operates.
- Understand how to prevent fire spreading and the dangers of smoke.
- Recognise types and uses of fire extinguishers and other fire equipment.
- Protect vulnerable people and people with reduced or no mobility.
- React to fire alarm relevant to the workplace.
- Understand how to comply with company policy and procedure.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
£205 + VAT