The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to understand and practice safer manual handling of objects.
This course is aimed at employees at all levels and outlines the reasons for safer manual handling, its legal requirements and the process of risk assessment to reduce the risk of harm. The course also allows the learner to practice the principles of safer manual handling on their own and as part of a team.
Assessment for this QA Level 2 Award is a 15 multiple choice question written assessment combined with practical assessment throughout the course by the trainer.
Pass mark is 10 out of 15 correctly answered questions. QCF Ofqual – 1 mandatory unit.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to the Manual Handling Regulations.
- Use safe manual handling techniques.
- Recognise and avoid injury caused by poor manual handling.
- Employ good handling techniques using biomechanical principles.
- Carry out manual handling risk assessment.
- Use and carry out visual inspections of handling equipment.
- Understand the types and uses of equipment.
1 Day (6 Hours)
Number of Delegates
- For 1-6 Learners: £365 + VAT
- For 7-12 Learners £415 + VAT